Sunday, April 10, 2005

Summary of March

There was a trip to Edinburgh, Scotland this month. It is a very beautiful city compared to Newcastle. Well, it is more space and more old buildings and the scenery is way better compared to Newcastle. But too bad, we have less time to travel the entire city, so I just went to Edinburgh Castle and explore with Emay and Tok-Jun(A Korean fren I knew from English Class).

Easter holiday came. 3 weeks of rest. Got a crazy supervisor assigned to me. Well, he is abit weird fellow. His name is Dr. Dave Harrison. His appearance is similar to Gimli of LOTR. Really, no jokes. When u talk Java with him, he will curse you. A weird fellow with weird personality. But I liked it. Since I am weird myself ;p. But too bad, I have been reassigned to a new supervisor. Haih…wanted to be with weird person but fate dun let me to… My FYP is a suicide gaming project known as Combat Simulator. Something like a simple Warcraft but it is AI. Well it is a big bet I made which I hope to win a lot:p

Then we have our own trip to Leeds. Leeds does not have a lot of scenery compared to Scotland but Leeds is for shoppers. The stuff they sell is cheaper compared to Newcastle. But before the day we go there, me, Nafin and Fahmi did not slept the whole night. The bus leave at 6am so we played Warcraft till 5am and prepare ourselves. It took 2 ½ hours to reach Leeds. I felt sleepy at 11am…I sleep on every chair I find. I even can sleep when I was standing…that tell you how sleepy I am. But after 3pm, I think I “slept” enough and I have full energy to travel again.

We explored the whole city at 8pm and decided to stop at a huge bookshop(size of MPH) and kill time. Our bus leave at 11pm so we decide to kill time by reading books and have some Starbucks café. At 10pm, we walk to the bus stop and wait for our bus. While waiting, there was a drunk fellow keep staring at our group. We all sit at the stairs and I was at the 2nd row. Well actually if he wanna fight, we got 6 guys and 4 girls. Can easily “eat” him but still we are foreigners, dun wan to make a lot of trouble, we left him. Zach, a black belt Tae Kwan Do master is the bravest guy who stare him back when he walk pass him at a very close distance. But the drunken fellow also abit scared when all of us suddenly stand up. Nah, he is just drunk… When the bus came, we hoop up and on the way home.

The next day, we went to Tynemouth to visit the Tynemouth Castle which is where Harry Potter been film. But too bad, Wednesday, the castle closed. Nevermind, we took some picture on the other scenery.

Well, wanna summarize my frens again

Atlantis Ravens
Me, Zach, Fahmi, Nafin, Laavan & Siska

Team Carina + Fio & Ming
Carina, Daryl and Christian + Fiona and Ming
China Guys
Ross, Bert, Huang Yan, and Sheng Nan

Kendo Colleagues
Darren(sensei), Garvin(maybe sensei?) Barry, Mitt, Janice, Matthew, Bo, Peter, Dennis, Sara, Paul and a lot more which I dunno the names.

Expansion Set
Thamin, Sinca, Omar, Leena, Okia, Elson, Philippines gangs

The Larches
Maya, Freddy, Adi and Irene

My Hall mates
Darren(not the kendo), Jay, Liam, Laura, Cat, Jenny, Rebecca, Ben, Natalie[Well, some are living at different halls but always hangout in my kitchen]

Sri Lankan
Chamara, Charith, Nuwan and Subash

Corner House Gang
Tze Kheng, Kho Sing, Shereen and Patricia

I wanna cross my fingers again and hope that I did not leave anyone. Also, even though I group it, still we are friends :p, just wanna make a story which called as Atlantis Expedition Team:p.

Other stories about clubbing and my birthday are coming soon :p.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home