Monday, November 20, 2006

Vincent's Story - 無聊道 || Idiot Affairs -

無聊道
Idiot Affairs

Episode 004
The Mole

KLANG FAMOUS CHICKEN RESTAURANT IN MIDVALLEY. Kelly is seen walking into the busy store. All of the table is full. A lot more customers are seen queuing at the front entrance. Kelly walks into the door which leads to the staff office. His attire is a formal suit. One of the staff approaches Kelly.

MADEMOISELLE: Ah Kelly, luckily you came on time.

KELLY: What is the matter?

MADEMOISELLE: There is a problem. One of the customer is complaining why there is no Babi Special in the menu.

KELLY: =_=”…pork? This is KFC la, not Klang Famous Pork…

MADEMOISELLE: Ya, but he say in Thailand, there is Babi Special on the menu.

KELLY: =_=”, tell him this is Malaysia, not Thailand. He can go and have the Babi Special or Ali Baba Special in Thailand or whatever.

MADEMOISELLE: That’s why I say there is a problem.

KELLY: Huh??? Apa problem?

MADEMOISELLE: That guy out there claims he is the editor of Bon Appétit magazine…

KELLY: (Eyes wide open.) Bon Appétit?? The famous food critic magazine? You sure he is what he claim he is??

MADEMOISELLE: You can go and have a look.

KELLY: Bring me to him.

Mademoiselle brings Kelly to meet the person. Walking out from the staff area to the dining area, a lot of waiter/waitress is seen very busy serving the customers. Mademoiselle points her finger to the person which sits at table 67. That person is wearing a sleeveless shirt with a normal blue jeans. He is around his twenties. Kelly approaches the man.

KELLY: Halow, I am Kelly, the store chef manager. How can I help you?

RIKU: I believe your waitress have told you about my complaints.

KELLY: Yes, she did. But I am very sorry that our store doesn’t serve Babi Special. Would you like to try our famous Ayam Special or Hawaiian Special?

RIKU: What is this? In Thailand, I can get that menu in KFC, why not here?

KELLY: Well, I am sorry, this is the…

(Riku interrupt before Kelly can finish his argument.)

RIKU: I don’t care. I want to have Babi Special now. If you can’t make me a Babi Special, I’ll leave, and I will leave a remark in Bon Appétit magazine about your store. This is really unbelievable.

KELLY: (Thinking to himself.) You little chee bye kia, Babi Special, Babi Special, I gip you a Babi Tampar on your face then only you know. (Talk to Riku.) Please, please, calm down, calm down. I will prepare your menu personally. But since your order is a little special, it might take a little longer then usual, but I promised it wont be too long. Is that alright?

RIKU: If you are preparing me a Babi Special, I can wait. But not too long, else…

(Kelly interrupts)

KELLY: (Showing a palm sign.) Trust me, trust me. It won’t be too long. Mademoiselle, please serve this gentleman a plate of appetizer before the main dish arrived.

MADEMOISELLE: Alright. (She walks back into the door leads to the kitchen area.)

Kelly left Riku and go to the staff area. He goes to his locker room and gets changed. He head to the kitchen, wearing a chef attire. All the chefs salute him.

KELLY: Clement, get me the TSP flour,

Clement is one of the chef in the kitchen. He has been working along side with Kelly as his assistant. Furthermore, Kelly is the store manager in Midvalley KFC, which makes him the superior in Midvalley KFC.

CLEMENT: Ooh. (He walks to the ingredient rack. Half way, he stopped and asked Kelly.) Err…what is a TSP.

KELLY: Tai lou, yao mou kau cho ar, you been here for so long and you don’t know what is TSP?

CLEMENT: Sorry Kelly. Forgot jor.

KELLY: Textured Vegetable Protein, is a meat substitute made from defatted soy flour. Since we have no pork, I am planning to make an artificial meat using TSP. Hope this will fool that fella out there.

CLEMENT: Ooo…okok, I go get it for you.

KELLY: And go ask Mademoiselle to contact Tasty Chain for the Babi Special recipe ASAP.

CLEMENT: Alright.

After Clement got Kelly the TSP flour and the recipe, he begins to prepare the meal. He begins to beat the flour on the bowl, mixed with warm water. He later added some seasoning on the flour. Then he shapes the flour into the shape of a burger patty. It took him around 20 minute to prepare the dish.

KELLY: Kautim. Hope this Babi Special will fool him. Mademoiselle, get this dish to the customer.

MADEMOISELLE: Ok.

Both Mademoiselle and Kelly walk to Riku’s table. On table 67, Riku is seen having a plate of fries. Mademoiselle approaches him and put the plate on his table.

MADEMOISELLE: Excuse sir, this your order, Babi’s Special.

KELLY: I hope you’ll enjoy the meal.

RIKU: Thank you.

(Riku begin to feast, he cut the meat wrap with a thin layer of flour similar to roti canai with a knife. Then he pierces the slice with a fork and put it into his mouth. He starts to chew it, and his eyes were wide open.)

RIKU: Wah, I never taste anything like this…SEDAP!!

KELLY: (Phew.) Thank you.

RIKU: This is even better then the one I had in Thailand. I will comment your restaurant in my magazine.

KELLY: I am glad you like the meal. Alright then, I got to excuse myself.

(Kelly left the scene with Mademoiselle.)

(Scene cut to staff room. There is a few staff were on their break. They were chatting and having their meal.)

MADEMOISELLE: He says he is from Bon Appétit, tipu wan. Veat and meat also dunno how to differentiate.

KELLY: Haha, see that fella look more like hamsapfella magazine editor rather then Bon Appétit editor. Go Thailand eat Babi Special…I think maybe he go Thailand order aqua. Hahahaha

Suddenly, Clement came in with a wireless phone.

CLEMENT: Kelly, it’s for you. (Hand the phone to Kelly.)

KELLY: (Took the phone.) Hello?

STEPHEN: It is the day of reckoning…mobilizes the Jedi Knights…

KELLY: =_=”…Stephen?

STEPHEN: Hahaha, just joking. Well, today is the day. Be prepared. Mobilize your troops. We must win the competition tonight.

KELLY: Ya, everything is prepared. We are good to go. I’ll see you there tonight.

STEPHEN: Alright. (Hang up.)

(Kelly put the phone down on the table.)

KELLY: Clement, get squad A ready, tonight is the competition.

CLEMENT: Already done.

KELLY: Good.

(Scene cut to back alley of the restaurant. Kelly is looking left and right. He wants to make sure no one is around. He takes out his handphone and dialed.)

KELLY: Hello. Marcus, it me.

MARCUS: Kelly, what do you have for me?

KELLY: Stephen kept the menu for the competition, but I have the draft menu, I will email you later.

MARCUS: Keep constant communication with me, I want to know what he is doing throughout the competition.

KELLY: I will try…

TO BE CONTINUE…

Executive Producer
Vincent J. Tan

Cast

Kevin C. as KELLY
Vincent T. as
JOEY
Steven W. as
STEPHEN
Michael L. as
MARCUS
Eddy W. as EASON

Guest Cast

Lee Huii T. as MADEMOISELLE
Ripin K as RIKU
Clement Peh(Rita’s boy) as Himself

Director
Vincent J. Tan

Story
Vincent J. Tan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home