Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Summary of January

Well, on 24th, I walked around the campus to familiarize myself. On the way, I saw my high skool senior. Her name was Emay and I couldn’t remember at all :p. It was too long ago liao since I left highskool. Well she was with another girl called Fiona. Well I forgot what problem Fiona got but she need to call someone and needed small change. I borrow her 5 pounds and she said she will return it back to me by 3pm at Londis( a small shop similar to 7-Eleven back in Malaysia).

Question like “why you will borrow 5 pound to someone u dun even know?”. Well I think based on my expertise on judging a person on the 1st shot, I guess Fiona is trustable, so I borrow lor. If she wanna con me then no choice, means that my judging skills and those psychology babbling I always did was just “talk cock” :p. Later on I bring Emay to walk around the city coz I have already explored it yesterday.

Around 2pm, Adrian(APIIT HF0371 classmate) called me and said he has arrived to Lovaine Hall as well. Then I go look for him, he told me he stay in 2nd Floor Room 36. Then I bring walk around and locate Chinatown. We found it and have a lunch at Charlie’s Buffet, run by the Chinese with all Chinese dishes. It cost 5 pounds per person. Then we head home and end of day 24th.

The next morning which is supposed to be my Orientation day but seems to be shift to next day, after some Sri Lankan classmate I met yesterday who told me that the class was shifted to 26th. Still, in order to confirm it, I went to the School of Informatics with Adrian to confirm this. Well, Ellison building is compromise of School of Engineering and Technology, School of Informatics, School of Applied Science and maybe Psychology. It is too big and we got loss. Still we manage to find our skool and ask the one of the Englishmen I saw. He said that the Orientation will begin tomolo, and he hand me the timetable. Well, again as usual polite me :p, I shook his hand, thank him and introduced myself. But the irony is, he did not say welcome and din even tell me his name. I begin to think maybe their name are too secretive or their all shy with their lousy names,

Then me and Adrian walk around the city to find the marketplace for us to get daily food. On the pass few days, I always see people carrying plastic bag full of goods. The shop name marked on the bag was known as Morrisons. So, we ask around and try to find it. And finally we found it. Morrisons item are cheaper compared to Mark & Spencer items. Well I know M&S is darn expensive back in Malaysia. But it is abit far away. End of day 25th

Today, is the day where I will start my orientation. My entire classmate are foreigner, none are local. They are compromise of Malaysia, China, Singapore, Sri Lanka, India, Spain, Brazil, Indonesia and Pakistan. Remember the Englishmen I told you? He is Gerhard Feringer, our course programme Leader. Well, who cares :p I finally got to know the name :p. On the 1st day it self, the fire alarm was triggered. We all have to move outside and wait for clearance to go back.

FYP, well that was the suckest thing, dunno what to do. Dunno who is good supervisor or lousy supervisor. But the best thing is, I am on a new game. My old result does not count and all my result are reset. In here, I have the freedom to choose any subject I want to learn. Unlike APIIT where all subject is allocated. I choose to learn OOD and E-Commerce. Well, end of days and next week will be the 1st class.

End of Jan. Btw, I'll post some of my imaginative mission report later on :p.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home