Thursday, October 28, 2004

Meat the Meat

Before reading this boring post, CP this video link
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp?video=mym2002&Player=wm&speed=_med

After you have view this clip, what will you think? Stop eating meat and become a vegetarian immediately? That is ridiculous. Yes, I do felt pity for those animals. Yet, they are still the source of our food.

Why not become a vegetarian. The very answer I can give you is money. You think becoming a vegetarian is cheap? Try and go to any vegetarian restaurant and order those meatless foods. You will see the price. Ok, you decide that you will just eat vegetable everyday. You can but I think you will suffer from lack of nutrient. Those who eat vegetable everyday are those Chinese monks from China. Why they can survive? That is because they do not need to work a lot. The stress level is almost zero. All they do is meditating, praying, maybe sweeping floor? We on the other hand, the people of concrete jungle have a lot more do to and a lot more stress to overcome. We won’t survive with 24/7 vegetable.

I do admit that I and Vince are not vegetable fans. We both are carnivores. We ate 10-20% of vegetable and 80% of meat in our entire life. Well, probably what we can do is, appreciate the food. Try not to waste food. Me and Vince have waste food before, but try to make is less and toward zero wastage. It is not like you are too full and still force to finish it? So, you want to kill you self? COMMON SENSE took place again. People have told me that “If the buying stops, the killing can too”. Oh come on, on earth we have almost 6 billion people. Let say 10% of them are pure vegetarian. How can you stop 5.4 billion people to stop eating meat? People have been consuming meat back in the Stone Age. That phrase was really naïve. The government can’t even stop the piracy which happening in our own country. How to even stop the world?

Well, unless there was some sort of food which will replace meat at a lower cost. Unless there is a WORLD body which will put up a law to PROHIBIT CONSUMING MEAT. Then I can say this campaign can run successfully. But there wasn’t any thing like that yet. The vegetarian food is still expensive. So, all we can do is, TRY (I said TRY) to be a vegetarian for a day or two in the entire month. My master told me that is good, I have followed his way. Some Chinese became vegetarian on every 1st and 15th in every month (based on Chinese calendar). Some of Vince catholic friends told him that they must be vegetarian on every Friday. All we can say is try the level best not to waste food. Well, if you have a credit card and decide to support PETA, you can go to www.goveg.com

I think that is all I can say for now. Maybe I can write more but I think I will stop for today. Well, is there anyone care to give me a comment? It is boring to have me talk alone. A world without challenger is a boring world.

-JOKAAR-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home