Saturday, April 02, 2005

Journey to Atlantis

22nd Jan 2005

That is the day I will begin my journey to Atlantis. The feeling to leave my beloved family, great “heng tais” and good friend is, well, I dunno how to describe…Kinda sad if I had to say.

On the morning, I had a breakfast with my family at the restaurant near my house. Later I drove my mom to buy lotteries and I draw all my money out from the bank. I went to the Child Mental Care in Taman Megah and donate my money to them which usually I did every month. Then I and my mom went to a stationary shop to buy my stationeries. Later I went back home and prepare myself.

During the evening, I had a farewell dinner with my family. It is the same restaurant I had breakfast during the morning. The dishes were great. I never forget the steam cod fish which my father ordered for me. I myself dislike fish. Too many bones, I only consume fillet, and my favorite was cod because it flesh is very soft and layered plus it only have one center bone. Too bad, that dish is very expensive and most of the time we only order “Fei Jau Yu” or African fish if you translate directly. But on that dinner, he order that dish for me. I dunno how to express my feeling on that…

Later my heng tais the Sunny Skyline came together with other ABA friends. They all wanna send me to the airport. The attendance was Sunny Skylinez, Yin Wei, Ivy, Simpson, and Joyce. Then we all drove to KLIA.

Once we reach to KLIA, Zi-Bytes and Meng arrived. I had another farewell dinner in KFC with my heng tais & friends. Later own, I preach about how I feel on each one of them :p. Well just crappy I always liked to talk. Well I got a call from Shannie together with Siew Peng. They wish me good luck and couldn’t send me. Later, JK and Navin also called me to wish me good luck. Miss those guys. Well I was kinda sad not to see Michelle and her cousin Joo Lee and the “hyperactive” sister Aemy.

On the moment I step thru the gate, I look at the window, all my family, heng tais and friend wave at me. Ryan gave me a call. The time I receive the call and I saw my mom, I just called her. He passes the phone to my mom. I talk for a few second. Then after I pass the next section, I have a sudden urge to cry, and I dunno why, my tears just wanna burst out. But I still control it, as my usual motto “Lau Hu’id But Lau Lu’I” means “Rather shred blood then dropping tears”. Still, my heart feels sad to leave them. I gonna leave them for atleast a year…or maybe more…I dunno…

The journey to Atlantis will take up to 13 hour. Once I boarded the battle cruiser, I felt disappointed with the facility provided. No TV, and small seats. WTH, I paid so much and I gonna sit for 13 hours without TV? Tell you guys, never board Dutch Airlines which is known as KLM, they suxx. Even MAS is better then them.



23rd Jan 2005

Later on, we stop in Amsterdam to change flight to Newcastle. Luckily I didn’t listen to Chipz on wearing loose cloth or pajamas on the plane. It was damn cold outside, winter some more. Wear pajamas I freeze liao :p. I have to wait around 6 hours for the next flight. Once I boarded the plane, I will have to go thru another journey for 2 hours. Once I arrived to Newcastle airport, I am so worried that if there even anyone gonna take me to Northumbria even though I have sent a letter to request this Meet & Greet service. But despite those worries, they really came and pick me. Still got one more problem, my accommodations haven’t been replied. Although they have send me a letter telling me that I will stay in Lovaine Hall but I did not receive any renting agreement. But the M&G officer told me not to worry, everything will be ok. Oh, the M&G officer is called Carrie, a Malaysian law student. Well, I asked her a lot of stuff regarding the living in Newcastle and stuff. She called a taxi to send me to my accommodation. Then she called the House Assistant to get me the key to my room. Then they move my stuff to my room and I say goodbye to both of them. I felt so lucky that everything in the first step was sorted out so easily.

I began to unpack my stuff and someone knocked the door. I open it and I saw two English girls standing outside. She said that she just drop by to say hi to the new hall mate. I shook her hand and tell her my name as the usual method to greet I often used on Earth. But her facial expression appears weird and she din even tell me her name. She asks what I am doing, I said just unpacking my stuff. Then they just left me with it. I felt weird that why din she tell me my name and the other girl din offer to shake my hand? I thought western people are more friendly? Well who cares, I continue to unpack.

After that I change my cloth and go to explore the city. Well my accommodation is very near to my university. It just takes me 5 min walk to reach Ellison Building which is the School of Informatics. On the way, I saw 3 Asian, presumably Chinese fellows, I follow them and hope they will lead me to the city. Well true enough, they went to the city. Then I explore myself. Walking here and there, I also use my mind to map a circle on each route I went so that I will be back to the original place. But on one occasion, this circle failed because I ventured to far away. In my mind, I just think “Uni is at south, I just need to go south, but I still couldn’t get there, dead end”. No choice, have to ask those English men, but I couldn’t understand what they say. Their accent is damn strong and I just got 3 words out of 10 words. Luckily I found a map on the post. I look at it and guess my way back and I got back :p. By 5pm, the sky is already like 8pm on Earth. I went back home and rest. I wanna cook some noodle but I dun have a pot. I felt tired and rest on the bed. I fell asleep at 6pm and sleep till 3am. Well maybe this is the “jet-lag” effect. Never mind, I still continue sleep till 7am.

To be continue…

*Atlantis which is actually a fictional name I have in my head. Every time I say Atlantis, I mean Newcastle, United Kingdom. As well as Earth, which is Malaysia.
* Sunny Skylinez is my heng tais which consist of Michael, Ryan, Kevin and Steven. While Zi-Bytes is Jason, Eddy, Henry, Frederick, and Ripin.
* Battle cruiser? Actually aero plane la…
*ABA? Amazing Body Adventure which I have once worked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home