Monday, March 26, 2007

Day Light Saving

Yesterday, exactly 1am 25th of March 2007, Day Light Saving commence. Time is increment by 1 hour, where 1am will become 2am. That time I was 10% doing work while 90% web browsing crap info’s, I look at the time, and it was 12.46am. Then I went to my housemate John’s room and “blow water”. After that I went back to my room, and shocked to see time is 2.07am. I was thinking “Wah, I just went there chat for a while and more then an hour have pass? Time really flies…

Then my friend Goo came to look for me. We went out to buy some “fresh airs”. Then we chat for a while. I look at my phone watch, it shows 2.57am. When I look on the clock at the wall, it shows 1.57am. I told John “Wey, the clock battery jor, have to change”. He doesn’t give a shit. I think to myself, I just changed the battery a month ago, how come so fast deplete? Then suddenly we all realize it was Day Light Saving. I go check my watch, it was showing 1.57am as well. Now we realize.

I slept at 5am. Wasted a lot of time. By 9am, I have to work in McD. I woke up at 8.30am. I felt very lazy to wake up and get change. I decided that I sleep 1 more hours and pretend I dun know the Day Light Saving thingie. I woke up again by 9.30am. I arrived at workplace by 9.55am. I pretend I was early as usual. One my friend working at the dining area asked me, what time I start work. I knew she will talk about DLS. I pretend and answer her 9am. Then she told me it is 10am. I again pretend like “harh? What 10am?” I took out my phone and it shows 8.57am, which I change to avoid suspicion. Then she said today is DSL and she was late as well. Haha, I knew I wasn’t the only one. I proceed to clock in, it shows 10am on the machine.

My manager told me I was late. I told him just pretend I start at 10am. He gave a laugh. Then my other friend, Hui Feng told me he also late for an hour. And today, I counted like 5 to 6 people were an hour late. It seems this DSL crap cause a delicate situation today. While I was having my break, I realize I am not the only one who pretends to come late. A few people knew about it and just wanted to come late. Reasons, slept late, couldn’t wake up early in the morning, the list goes on, and this DSL is the best escape. As of today, UK will be 7 hours slower then Malaysia instead of 8 hours. Ciaoz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home