Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Stargate Beyond - Enemy at the Gate

Stargate Beyond

Chapter XXX: Enemy at the Gate

“Pass me the rifle,” I said to Captain Steven “Batista” W.

He handed me the VC – 102 Sniper Rifle and asked me “Colonel, are you sure about this? We could just wait for the Stargate Command or the Colonial Marine to send rescue team,”

While shouldering the rifle in the prone position I told him “I rather take the chance. Even the nearest ship will take 6 hours to arrive.”

“What about the Stargate Command? They will send help thru the gate,” he said.”

While looking thru the sniping scope watching the Orcs guarding the Stargate, I told him “Look, there’s only 2 Orc guarding the gate okay,” I winked.

“Then what?” said Batista. He is very unconfident on my decision.

The distance between us and the Orcs guarding the Stargate is around 50 to 60 meters away. We hid our self behind the rubble. There is only 2 Orc guarding the Stargate. One of them is sitting down on tiny rubble at the east direction while the other is laying on the Stargate at the west facing the opposite direction of his companion. None of them sense our presence.

I ignored Batista. I decided to end this quick and escape thru the Stargate. I’ve already calculated the risk, and I think the risk is minimal. Before I could decide which Orc I should take out first, a tank arrived to the Stargate from the west direction. Two Orc jump down from the tank and join the other Orc guarding the gate. One of the Orc joins the Orc which is sitting at the east while the other one join the Orc at the west. Another Orc descend down from the tank and took his rifle form the cockpit.

“Vince!! Don’t shoot, don’t shoot,” said Batista. He waved his right hand sideway signaling me to stop.

I ignored him. I check my rifle for the remaining bullets. The LED on the side of the rifle displaying 5 bullets left. I decided to go on with my plan. I was very confident on that moment. Five bullets for 5 Orcs. This is what I am thinking. Thru the scope, I saw the Orcs at west side is lighting up their cigarette. At the east side, the same Orc sitting on the rubble while another is lighting up his cigarette. The Orc with the rifle seems suspicious at the rubble in front of him. He moved forward to our direction.

Suddenly, I heard a loud explosion. It seems that the Orc is launching an artillery strike on the remains of the colony.

Batista looked at me nervously. On the second explosion, I open fired at the Orc sitting on the rubble. I shot him in the head. The Orc collapsed, but none of the Orc realized it because none of them is looking at the Orc sitting there and they did not hear the shot because of the loud explosion. Batista was stun. He peeked thru the hole. He saw one of the Orc is down and the other was not aware of it.

On the next second, the Orc at the east looked back and was shocked to find out his companion is killed. Before he could warn the other companion, a third explosion was heard and I fired the Orc at the east. It hit him in the head and he is killed instantly.

The Orc with the rifle looked back, and was stunned to find out 2 of his companion is killed. He went into prone position. The other 2 Orc at the west is still unaware of the situation. A fourth explosion was heard and I shot the Orc at the west. Once again, I hit him in the head which he died instantly. The Orc with the rifle quickly took his grenade and prepare to throw at my location. A fifth explosion was heard and I shot the Orc with the rifle. The last Orc at the west suddenly realize the situation and was extremely shocked that his entire companion was killed. He ran to the east. I stand up and shoulder my rifle. I aim at the Orc carefully while his is running. I open fired at him and the bullet landed into his head. He collapsed. The whole event happens within seconds.

“Come, let’s go,” I told Batista. He did not respond. He was too amazed on my ability and still stun by it.

“Let’s go, Captain, what you’re waiting for?” I pulled his arm while talking to him.

“Whoa, I couldn’t believe what I have just seen…amazing…” he said. He stands up as I pulled him up. We ran to the Stargate. I dialed the Earth address. After the last chevron was entered, the Stargate is activated. Batista took his GDO and send the identification code. After a few second, we got the authentication code and we walked thru the event horizon.

Cast

Colonel Vincent MacLeod – Commander of SG-3 Alpha, Beta, and Delta Squad

Captain Steven “Batista” W. –Member of SG-3 Beta Squad led by Lt. Colonel Ryan Mac

Sitting Orc

East Cigarette Orc

West Cigarette Orc 1

West Cigarette Orc 2

Rifle Orc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home