Thursday, March 09, 2006

Mission Durham

Mission Durham

Wake up by 8am. Well kinda early for me actually, after been drinking last night from 10pm till 1am. I took a shower and prepare myself. After that, I sat in front of my laptop and surf something while waiting for Adrian to get prepared.

Around 9pm, Adrian called me to go to find Henry and have breakfast in Cloude Gibb Hall. Hmm…abit too crappy jor. Well I just tell those things I felt important :p.

Me, Adrian, Henry, Eda, Charis and John walk from CGH to Central Station. We are taking a train to Durham. Durham is just nearby city. I went there before to attend a Kendo ( Japanese Fencing) class held by a Japanese master. It was just 30 minute driving time from Metrocentre. As for the train we took, it takes only around 20 min to reach Durham.

Well, haven’t introduced my friends. Henry and Adrian is a friend from APIIT. I knew Henry first when I was doing my diploma in DH APIIT. Then I knew Adrian in TPM APIIT when I was doing my Level 2 Degree. I knew John 1 year ago in UK. I met him when we were attending Tae Kwan Do class. He is from Hong Kong and doing Engineering course. I knew Charis during September. She is from Hong Kong as well and she is doing Accounting course. I knew Eda after introduced by Charis. She is from Hong Kong as well and doing the same course with Charis.

We arrived in Durham by 10.45am. We walked around the area nearby the train station. Then we went to a church and took some picture. Later we decide to explore the city center and we look for the road sign. Well, Durham isn’t really a big city compared to Newcastle.

The specialty of this place is the Cathedral and the Castle. Both of this structure is build next to each other. And the weird thing is, the Cathedral is larger compared to the Castle “=_=. We traveled to the Cathedral, it was really huge. But we did not enter. Well, I also dunno why, hehe. Well none of us here is Christian, maybe that is why no one has the urge to go and look inside. We took some picture from outside. Around 12.45pm, we have completed the mission.

Lunch time, we decide to have Pizza buffet over McDonald. First, Pizza buffet is cheaper compared to McD, second, I have enough of McD, I can have it almost everyday…I work there btw. When we went to Pizza Hut, it seems they dun have place for us to sit. The waitress told me there will be a table maybe around 15 min later. “May I get your name so that I can put you on the waiting list” she said. I told her “Joe”. Then we decide to walk around for 15 min and come back. Adrian asked me why you stop using the name “Vincent” instead of “Joe”. I answered him. But I decide to post my answer on the next update. It seems this name Vincent is almost forgotten, and gonna be replace by Joe…

Why traveling, we found a Chinese buffet which cost around the same price as the Pizza Buffet. So, we decide to have our lunch there. By 4pm, we left Durham by train. Mission End.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home